THE DEEP FREEZE WINTER LACROSSE TOURNAMENT – Sunday, February 17th, 2019 Insports Center (29 Trefoil Drive, Trumbull, CT)
Youth Boys & Girls Indoor Field, Indoor Box, or Hybrid Box/Field Tournament
Tournament Information - Choice of BOX Games, Field Games, or Mix!
- $350.00 per team Registration Deadline: February 10th, 2019
- Early Bird Registration $325.00 per team: If payment is received before January 27th, 2019.
- Boys & Girls Divisions: 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, 7th/8th, JV, & Varsity
- Each team guaranteed (3) 25-minute games. Schedule based on team skill level as ranked by coach.
- Certified referees and trainer on site.
- Food Concession available all day. Spectator seating at each field. NO GATE FEE!
- All participants must submit a waiver and all teams must check in ½ hour before first game time.
- CLEATS allowed: No metal spikes.
- Your choice of Box Tournament, Field Tournament, or Box/Field Tournament Mix! Each team gets 3 games.
- 25 minute running time games on (4) Indoor turf min-fields & (1) true box field
- 7 players on the field – 2 attack, 2 defense, 2 middies, goalie (8v8 if both coaches agree)
- No more than 2 long poles for boys on field at any time on field. No poles in Box Field.
- Only one wing man on face-offs/wing man on face-off may come off of either side.
- One 1-minute timeout per game – clock does not stop. All substitutions on the fly.
- Face-offs to start each game & then after every 3 goals. Controlled clear (on whistle) after each goal scored.
- No time serving penalties; all penalties which would be time serving will result in a structured fast break from mid-field. Attack/Defense at GLE. Player must come off field for specific period of time.
- Game time will be centralized for all games. Single horn will start and stop play at beginning and end of each game. No time-outs may be taken inside of the last two minutes of either half.
COMPLETE INFORMATION, REGISTRATION FORMS, & WAIVER FORMS AVAILABLE AT: www.insportscenters.com Contact Drew Wendol and reserve your team and/or questions: 914-373-9114 or Wendolworldwide@optonline.net
HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. – Hastings High School has a growing lacrosse program thanks to its coach Drew Wendol, who not only coaches the game but is still playing in adult leagues and teaching the game with Gargoyle Athletics, a sports training group that offers instruction and clinics and fields travel teams year round.
Wendol’s greatest individual accomplishment as an adult lacrosse player came when he was invited as one of 120 players to try out for the 2006 Men’s U.S. Lacrosse Team and again for the 2007 Men’s U.S. Lacrosse Indoor team. Although he did not make the 23-man roster, he considered it an honor to play with the top players in the world.
Wendol answers Five Questions about his coaching and teaching careers and longtime devotion to lacrosse.